Wednesday, August 4, 2010

小天堂


When we were young, my cousin and I shared a bed. She would sometimes talk about a room we can call our own. She called it Little Heaven (she's always very creative like that, like that time when she would philosophically say, "wasting your time is wasting your life".) I don't think she said it because sharing a room or bed with me was a drag, but more because of that romantic notion of having one's own room and bed, and where you can prance around in the abundant space.

So this is my Little Heaven in Aarhus. I'm not living in a dorm, it's like a studio apartment with its own kitchenette and bathroom. I'm lucky I don't have to share anything. The previous occupants left me a lot of things so I don't have to buy anything. I had so much pots and plates I even had to throw out some! The last one even left a huge selection of tea and night pads!


On the first Sunday after we arrived, a welcome dinner was organised for us. It was funny how all the Asians sat at one table and everyone else sat at the others. Amanda, Amy, June and I sat amongst those Asians.

Yesterday there was a Speed Meeting thing ("like Speed Dating but without the kissing" - June) and my DKK classmate Ken couldn't be bothered to go back home after class, cos it's so far away so he asked if he could come to my place instead, since my place was within walkable distance of the school. That one guest increased into 3 further self-invited guests.

Here we are eating pizza on the floor:
The chick squatting in the middle is from UTS. I met her at the Welcome Dinner, she's absolutely hilarious - she entertained my guests.

1 comment: