Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spanish Food

Looking at jamon at La Boqueria market. I bought some for my parents to try. But I don't know why it was all hard like beef jerky when I opened the vacuum pack in Australia - it was soft when I bought it. Maybe because I put it in the fridge?

This is...the Spanish version of Italian bruscetta
Octopus ink paella - an interesting concept, but it tastes no different to your regular paella
Our hostel in Granada organised dinner. That's one big paella! It was the cheapest and best paella I had in Spain
We dined at a Moorish restaurant for a change while in Granada
Leave tappas for Granada - they come FREE with alcohol. Pinchos is more unique to northern Spain. It's like tapas on toothpicks and the system is like yumcha or sushi train where you pay for each toothpick in your plate at the end of the meal. The pinchos at Taverna Basca Irati was delicious and there was so much variety!
Churros - it's like 油条 dipped in a chocolate sauce
yummy sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment