Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stepping back in time

This wasn't on my go-to list, but Naho wanted to go somewhere else rather than spend a full 5 days in Prague (which ultimately, was a good decision), so we included Budapest in our itinerary as well.

The moment I arrived, I felt as if I've stepped back a decade or two. To start off with, the train ticket seller didn't have their own computer, and they wrote everything! When we stepped outside of the train station, there was construction everywhere. Not to mention, as we walked to our accommodation, some of the clothing stores reminds me of the uncool clothing stores in China (they use the same models too). And when we finally got to our accommodation, the building reminded me of the place that my grandparents use to live.

Buddy...what can I say? Not much to say, other than it reminded me of the Shanghai I left, not that it a bad thing. Budapest certainly has its own beauty.

Group photo from Buda/Pest overlooking the Danube (I think) and Pest/Buda

No comments:

Post a Comment