Friday, November 26, 2010

Lagkaghuset - the only thing I need to remember from Copenhagen

I spent the whole of Wednesday 24th November 2010 eating bakery goods, mostly from Lagkaghuset. Yang was right, there IS a bakery at every corner in Copenhagen. It is kind of hard to find bakeries in Århus, I think, and most of them don't sell such a deletable range of snacks, at least they don't look this enticing. Anyhoos...I know of this place because of Yang too.

Berry tarts, eaten with JJ - really lovely. They fill their tart with a dense, almond tasting biscuit base thing, so it is like the tart crust is 1.5cm thick!


Morning tea of raisin bun with coffee while I waited for my visa. I enjoyed the spices and fruits in here. My actual breakfast was a chocolate croissant from a local bakery



Nut tart - this was really awesome, I think they put in orange zest which infused it with a fresh citrussy taste.



Cream pancake - I thought this looked really enticing, but it was filled with cream, too heavy, and a bit disgusting given this came after a big sandwich



Pastry display. I had a rhubarb croissant, it was too sweet >.<>


I had the blueberry muffin for dinner. I remember when Yang first came to Denmark, she remarked how the muffins here in Denmark are like...the entire muffin has the texture of muffin tops. This was indeed true of the muffin here, although I don't think the muffin she had at the time was from Lagkaghuset.


No comments:

Post a Comment