Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday, rest day

The Lion of Lucerne commerates the heroism of Swiss mercenaries at Tuileries in 1792.The Chapel Bridge and Water Tower - built in the 14th century; Luzern's landmark and Switzerland's most photographed monument

We often compare Australia to Shanghai/HK/[enter Asian city], and moan how inconvenient Australia is when nothing is open by 6pm. Spare a thought for the Europeans. Not only do shops close by 6pm, it's also not open on Sunday. A big city like Paris, and even more so a small town like Luzern. I can't believe it. It's worse than Sydney. I took a walk out today, even a lot of the food shops are closed today!

I'm bored in Luzern, the weather is not so good, so I was hoping to escape to Zurich today. The hotel owner told me the Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich (the equivalent of Oxford St in London) is very nice, and at the end of the street there is a lake with churches on either sides. But he couldn't guarantee shops will be open today. Then the ticket person at the train station said nothing will be open today. So no point in going. So I ended up taking another stroll through Luzern - climbed along the old city wall and the two churches/cathedrals. Both the churches/cathedrals were very nice :) But I got tired after only 3 hours. So I came home again...these have been sleepy days in cloudy Luzern.

Walking on the Old City Wall
Inside the beautifully decorated Jesuit Church. I had a really long rest in here. But I really only uploaded this photo cos I like how my legs look here ^^
An interesting fountain... Cycling with Daddy. I thought this contraption was immensely cute. The father is staring at me as I walked along with my camera aimed at them.

I want to buy a lot of expensive things here in Switzerland. Handmade, mechanical cuckoo clothes are the cutest thing ever! But start at about $A500. But that is nothing compared to an automatic Swiss watch, I have my eyes set on an Omega Constellation one. Am I deserving of such an expensive watch yet? Possibly not... The chocolates here are also good, but quite expensive. Chocolates here are not as sweet, I can even enjoy milk chocolate and caramel flavoured ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment